View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 help walleye tips 
Outdoor Newbie

What Rivers do you fish?: main and south branch of the PM
What Bodies of Water do you fish?: Hamlin,Muskegon,Spring Lake,Hart,and Big Star Lakes
Hunting Area: Ruby Creek Oceana and Reed City and Hersey Oceola
hello, my wife and i have rented a cabin on au trian lake for the first week in june. i have never cuaght a walleye not even on accident and am looking for some tips on tackle, bait and technique also some insight on the lake if anyone is familair.

also i would like to say i really enjoy this site i check it almost every day for tips,pics, and video theres some great stuff. i love the live streaming vids. i would like to post some of my pics from last deer season and some fishing pics but cant seem to get it to work. ive read the instructioin and tried but when i preview my post just the pic links show up not the pics what am i doing wrong? thank for the time looking forward to new posts.

Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:40 pm
Outdoor Addict!

What Rivers do you fish?: St. Clare river, Detroit river
What Bodies of Water do you fish?: where ever the walleye are hitting the best.
welcome all I can say is post a photo and we shall see where your errer is.

:thumbright: :headbang:

Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:44 pm
Outdoor Addict!

Hey Eddie,
I am not much of a walleye guy. If no one can answer your question here, go down to the local bait shop and talk to the guys there.

Here is what I do know of walleye though. I am not sure what works at different times of year.

If you have a boat, troll crawler harness at a very slow speed. If the wind is blowing, let the wind drag your around.

Another technique I have heard of is using a slip bobber. Put the hook about 8-10 ft of line. Use crawlers, and minnows. I have never tried this, but if I had my own boat I would be giving this a try.

Anyways, good luck! Let us know how you do.

Youtube Videos
http://www.youtube.com/stelmon21

Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:37 pm

My favorite way is to jig for them.

Get yourself some jigheads and tip with a minnow or half a crawler. Fish it slowly on the bottom. Slowly lift the rod tip. Most of the time, you will feel the weight of them mouthing it...then it is time to lay it into them. Good times and good eating!

Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:21 am

Referred by: Captain Don
What Rivers do you fish?: S.E. Rivers Most of the time
N.W. Rivers maybe once or twice a year
What Bodies of Water do you fish?: Lakeville Lake
Stoney Creek Impoundment
Lake St. Clair
Most of my walleye fishing has been trolling or drifting nightcrawler harnesses (depending on wind speed). I use a bottom bouncer anywhere from 1/4 oz to maybe 1/2 oz. Most often I use 3/8 oz bottom bouncer. Trolling speed varies with water temp and other conditions but typically around 1 mph. (maybe anywhere from 0.5 mph to 1.5 mph). Try different colors until you find what's working. I like to troll around weedbeds. I have tried trolling hot n tots and rapalas but haven't done it enough to be of much help.

Also the jigheads as Mickey mentioned are good to try. I fish a 3/8oz jighead with a 7.5" long pearl culprit worm casting off the seawall in Marysville in the St. Clair river and have done well on walleye there. You would probably need to experiment with jighead weight for the lake you are fishing but probably 3/8 oz would be a good starting point.

Hope this helps and that you get into some fish. I have never fished that lake so I can't help with specifics for that lake.

John

Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:22 am
Outdoor Rookie

Again I am late looking at this post but if you go to (muskie matts web site) regular fishing for regular guys, he does a bunch of instruction videos that really are simple free and they realy work too! I just love that iste it is alot of fun.

Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]