View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Fishfinder Opinions 

They'll let ANYONE in here , won't they??

Not only did they let me in, they made me a moderator! LOL :P

We'll continue the debate as to why the flasher is better after I get back from four days of fishing up north. ;) Have a good weekend everyone.

Mike

8)

Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:01 pm
Outdoor Rookie

Let me start out by saying"you get what you pay for!"

I could definitely recommend an Eagle FishEasy320C color unit for around $200 , and then there's a greyscale FishMark (320 or 480 pixel) probably $169 and $199 respectivley....
http://www.eaglesonar.com/Products/default.htm

Kroppe & I have the Eagle SeaFinder320DF which is a greyscale dual frequency [50Khz/4000W & 200Khz/1500W] graph (the Xdcr is about the size of a large computer mouse!) . He'd give you an unbiased product review!
I have never had one bit of trouble having it lose bottom....
There's a 25HP MerC hanging off the back of the S.S. SFW - so from a putt to 25MPH it's been flawless!
As a matter of fact , I have been considering selling it fairly cheap - since I paid $240 for the machine & I also have a 200Khz only "pod" style transducer that I bought for using on the ice (another $45!) - I considered eBaying it thru the wife's account , but I'd just assume sell it to someone that I know would enjoy it & take good care of it. I probably used it on the ice about 15 times , just by drilling a hole part way thru - and scooping water into the half-hole while putting the transducer's flat face against the augered surface of the ice.
It works very well - I used it in 50 fow on fremont lk. quite a few times I took it on the ice , but I have to admit that the 2400 watts of color goodness of my LMS332C is HANDS DOWN
a much better unit.
Good greif! I sound like a dang salesman.... hehehe!

BTW Mikey - WHAT do you call "Up North" , our janitor always says that 'cuz he's got a trailer on Hardy , and I tell him he's south of me - I go "Up North" every day!! lol!
I expect a full report when you return too!
BTW ...
Quote:
We'll continue the debate as to why the flasher is better...

I can upload/download and edit my GPS waypoints on the new unit , I can also RECORD the sonar's chart recordings to SD card , I can see fish in weeds , thermocline and surface clutter with absolutley NO DOUBT. Did I mention when they are right on the bottom , the graph just shows a different color 'lump' on the bottom! I never thought I'd own a finer machine than my X70A....
The Vexilar stuff doesn't do those kinda neat tricks , does it???
LOL!!!

Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:31 pm
Profile WWW
Outdoor Rookie

Here's a few ACTUAL screenshots , off Croton copied from my machine to my PC & then played off the emulator , which looks identical to the machine!!
The Aqua View Cam is being dragged @ 15' so that's the horizontal line you see....

See them fish on the bottom??

:twisted: :evil:
Vexilar..... :roll:

Lowrance....

Robert
:wink:

Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:43 pm
Profile WWW

What's next, video games on the LMS332C? :) lol

Mike

Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:14 pm
Outdoor Rookie

OK , so I didn't get a fish report from you , Mike.....
And as far as the LMS332C goes .... it IS an instrument - I don't want any video games on it , that's why I have this high-power 64 bit AMD Athlon64 3200+ / 1024MB RAM /Radeon AIW9600 Pro128/ DVD+/-RW a home-brew computer with almost 800GB of native storage...
And I guess it does O.K. for general internet j@c&@$$in' too !!!

So how'd ya do this W/E???

:D R :D

P.S. where did dA' r00leR go?

:dontknow:

Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:00 pm
Profile WWW
Site Owner/Admin

Referred by: I own this website!
What Rivers do you fish?: All Michigan Rivers.
What Bodies of Water do you fish?: Lake St. Clair - Stoney Creek - Lake Huron
Hunting Area: Gwinn, Michigan, St. Clair County, MI
Since for the most part this weekend was us being "Weekend Fly Geeks" I posted a thread in Fly fishing...which no one seems to have seen :roll:

Here it is... http://www.michiganoutdoorsman.com/Foru ... .php?t=318

Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:44 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Outdoor Rookie

rubbin' elbowes with 'da MUCC!!
That sounds great! I probably should ask where "Northern Mi." is and what river?
PM answers if'n yer shy about it....lol
Or even:
sfw1960 [at] gmail.com
I'm not into stream fishin' like I used to be Don , AAMOF I just got my 'trout upgrade' this past Friday!
Now I gotta go slay some br00kiez or jerk a few 'bows from one of these nearby lakes... (Half M00n or Crystal)
P0p 'em in th' smoKeR!!!!

I think I hiJacked this one thread enough!!

cYa!

:D RAS :D

Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:52 pm
Profile WWW

OK , so I didn't get a fish report from you , Mike.....
And as far as the LMS332C goes .... it IS an instrument - I don't want any video games on it , that's why I have this high-power 64 bit AMD Athlon64 3200+ / 1024MB RAM /Radeon AIW9600 Pro128/ DVD+/-RW a home-brew computer with almost 800GB of native storage...
And I guess it does O.K. for general internet j@c&@$$in' too !!!

So how'd ya do this W/E???

:D R :D

P.S. where did dA' r00leR go?

:dontknow:

I'm still here, but haven't had time to digest all the info above yet. From looking at the specs on the fliers and ads, I was thinking of the bottom line 480x480 that BPS had on sale for $150 a while back. The eagle I have is pretty bad, but I'm thinking that it's most likely due to the fact that it's so dang old...

I think it'd be sweet to interconnect a PC with a fish finder. Can you imagine having a PC modded to fit inside your boat and have a 15" LCD screen displaying your sonar, GPS, and be able to play unreal when the fish aren't biting?!? ;) :D

Proof: Nobody is perfect. I am nobody. Therefore I am perfect.

----------------------------

If the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girls sports, such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing and such and such.
-Homer Simpson

----------------------------

Daily FirePit Chat at 9pm Click here:
Firepit Chat 9PM

Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:52 pm
Outdoor Rookie

IF you are a "monetarily" rich man , you CAN purchase a 'blackbox' fishfinder/GPS that plugs into a laptop , but I'm not coming off that kind of money ! (around $2k)
I wouldn't want to have games nearby when I'm fishing - it tends to detract from the experience IMO... Just like you know I like heavy-metal , but is sure doesn't get played when I'm fishing !
Peanut butter & broken glass sandwiches just don't belong in my boat or in my waders!
:D
If it matters to you :
I looked around & TBL480Max was one I looked into - but NOT for long.
TBL Tourney Max 480 & all other 'Computrol' sonars are Chinese imports. And the screens suck as far as viewing angle & contrast goes. Back to what I said before : pay cheap , get cheap.

They have a saying in this world....
$h!t costs money & good $h!t costs eXtra!!!!

Humminbird ids the only thing ASSEMBLED stateside nowadays , and I Sure don't recommend them. Lowrance is made in Mexico - and I wish they'd bring back the plants stateside - but they are out to stay alive in a cut-throut business.
The 147EX has only 168 pixels , but would probably outdo the Bottom line.
http://www.lowrance.com/Marine/Products/X47EX.asp
There's a Garmin for about $120 out there that I'd buy before TBL , Truthfully James , I was lucky to have my X70A & Eagle AccuNav Sport GPS last ten years , but I stick with what WORKS well.
I've had the opportunity to own quite a few different Sonars , as well as field test some - since I was once employed @ an electronics shop that serviced CB , Ham , Marine Radios , Sonar , ADF , SW & Police Scanners.
I've owned Ray Jeff , Uniden , Lowrance , Eagle (YES ther's a difference too) as well as used/tested Morrow , humminblindasabatbird ,Raytheon , SiTeX , Vexilar , and there's probably some (long gone) that are out of business that I missed. Most of my machines have been Lowrance or Eagle for a reason - nowadays the tourney sponsors basically buy your support by handing you a $2500 unit with the agreement to plug the product , but I do NOT have such a setup - I buy what works for me.
My ex-girfriend bought me my first LCG sonar for my birthday - a frEEkin' humminbird ! After I explained to her paying ANY amount of money is USELESS unless the product delivers on it's desired function or fufills it cause or need. She agreed , said she understood - and told me to pay the difference and we went & got me a Z6000 Eagle! 32X82 pixels!!!!!!!
Woo h0000!!!!!
Sure the screen was kind of coarse , but it helped me learn to interpret signals better (it would mark arches with a zoom window) , as today I can usually tell what's going on below the hull - I don't need zoom in less than 60fow , as the screen shots attest.
I'm not sure the installation is flaky or if your current unit is a P.O.S. , or not working correctly... One thing I can assure you of:
If you only spend $150 on the bottom line sonar and it's a P.O.S , you just wasted $150 you could have applied to a unit that will do it's desired job WELL.
Mike , got any VeXilars for $150???
I wonder why???lol
:P

:twisted:
I hope that helped rather than KoRnfused...
:D RAS :D

Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:21 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2