View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Wierdest fish caught at the wierdest times?? 
Outdoor Addict!

After reading a post on TSS about catching fish at the wrong time, it got me thinking, what fish have you caught at the weirdest times? I mean like, catching a laker in the middle of summer in a river or catching a king in the ausable at the end of may or a LRB in August. Has this ever happened to anyone?

Youtube Videos
http://www.youtube.com/stelmon21

Wed May 11, 2005 11:00 pm
Outdoor Newbie

I've caught catfish out icefishing for pike, thats about the wierdest I can think of right now.

Thu May 12, 2005 4:22 pm

My dad caught an 18 pound carp that hit a hot&tot trolled off port austin. (We were watching fighter jets practice dogfighting and never noticed the rod until the drag started going out.) Not unusual timing, but certainly an unusal fish for the lure used.

Then there was that <COUGH>arp I snagged while brown fishing only a few weeks after ice-out... I thought those things weren't supposed to be in cold water.

Proof: Nobody is perfect. I am nobody. Therefore I am perfect.

----------------------------

If the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girls sports, such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing and such and such.
-Homer Simpson

----------------------------

Daily FirePit Chat at 9pm Click here:
Firepit Chat 9PM

Fri May 13, 2005 11:40 pm
I was ice fishing for perch with Pa and an uncle off a Chicago breakwater. My uncle hooked what looked to be about a good 20 to 25#, plus, carp. He got it to the hole and I 'gilled' it so we all got a good look, but it was 'way to big for the hole in the foot-thick ice.

I watched a guy from a bridge on the Pere Marquette R. flycast into a few trout hanging in a hole behind a bunch of rocks. He got a fish, but not a trout. I don't know what kind of fly he was flipping, but the trout ignored it and a shad swallowed it.

Mon May 16, 2005 6:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]