View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Outdoorsman Outing Fall of 2009 
Outdoor Addict!

I know it's a little far away, but why not start planning now. At the last outing, and the outing in 2007, we were talking about having an outing in 2009 where we have a weekend get-a-way and you could either hunt, fish, or just camp if you want. What ever outdoors you want, your more then welcome. Who is interested?

If we do this, the best bet would be sometime Sept 15th to Nov 1. We would have to do it somewhere where there is alot of state land, or someone with a lot of property, and a variety of outdoor opportunities such as small game, bow hunting(after Oct 1) inland lakes, and river for the salmon/trout fisherman. Maybe even near a great lake for the guys with boats! This could also be a friend/family outing!

What do you guys say?

Youtube Videos
http://www.youtube.com/stelmon21

Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:18 pm
Outdoor Newbie

I'm completely down, if i can make a suggestion for a location, it is out of the way for most of you, but would be well worth it, i'd like to suggest Craig Lake State Park. The park is so isolated but at the same time has so much land and lakes around that it is an amazing park. They rent cabins there, but there are camp sites everywhere too. Fishing is great in all the lakes due to little to no pressure. My friends and I go there twice a year and have had some of our best trips no matter what the weather. We've seen moose and a ton of other wildlife out there too.

additional information...

http://www.michigandnr.com/ParksandTrai ... &type=SPRK

http://hunts-upguide.com/michigamme_cra ... _park.html

http://www.fishweb.com/maps/baraga/crai ... index.html

http://www.coppercountry.com/CraigLakeStatePark.php

Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:53 am
Site Owner/Admin

Referred by: I own this website!
What Rivers do you fish?: All Michigan Rivers.
What Bodies of Water do you fish?: Lake St. Clair - Stoney Creek - Lake Huron
Hunting Area: Gwinn, Michigan, St. Clair County, MI
Thanks we'll look into that!

Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:19 am
Profile YIM WWW
Outdoor Addict!

Ludington State Park? Hamlin lake is a great lake to fish...

Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:46 am
Outdoor Addict!

can you hunt there?

Youtube Videos

Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:19 am
Outdoor Newbie

What Rivers do you fish?: main and south branch of the PM
What Bodies of Water do you fish?: Hamlin,Muskegon,Spring Lake,Hart,and Big Star Lakes
Hunting Area: Ruby Creek Oceana and Reed City and Hersey Oceola
you should try the ruby creek area there are plenty of state parrks to camp(nichols lake, black lake, benton lake, walk up lake, and brohman bridge) all camping. Also there is a ton of national and state land too hunt or camp. there are hundreds of small lakes and the pier marquette river for salmon or trout all within minutes of each other. May be out of the way for most of youo but it has it all camping, hunting, fishing, lots of bike trails and canoeing. just a thought

Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:17 am
Site Owner/Admin

I'll 2nd the Ruby Creek, MI area...I'll do some research!

We have to have this between the Opener of small game season (Sept 15th) and the close of Trout Season (Sept 30th)

So what does everyone think? I still think camping for a weekend and only eating fish we catch and game we kill would be fun! There's always a bar with food if we get skunked! :wink:

Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:50 am
Profile YIM WWW
Outdoor Addict!

Ruby creek wouldn't be a bad idea!

People could fish, and hunt! If people wanted to fish salmon, steelhead, or trout they have the Muskegon, white, PM, and manistee all within an hour drive!

How's the camping situation around there? Are the lots big? On the state land and federal land are there a lot of sites already made?

Youtube Videos

Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:47 pm
Outdoor Addict!

Now that you say, Ruby Creek sounds good!

Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:52 pm
Outdoor Addict!

What Rivers do you fish?: NE/NW Michigan streams
What Bodies of Water do you fish?: Lake Huron-Tawas/Hammond bay(s), Lake Michigan-Little Traverse bay
Where is it? I'd probably just salmon fish, or maybe trout if it's September.

Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:16 pm
Site Owner/Admin

It's South of Scottsville by the Pere Marquette River I believe!

Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:28 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Outdoor Newbie

What Rivers do you fish?: main and south branch of the PM
What Bodies of Water do you fish?: Hamlin,Muskegon,Spring Lake,Hart,and Big Star Lakes
Hunting Area: Ruby Creek Oceana and Reed City and Hersey Oceola
its about 8 miles south of us 10 in whahalla9think thats how you spell it. nichols lake has big camp sites and electric i think. walkup lake is more likr roughiing it but lots of space. Also ther are plenty of off road camping sites along countyline and dickerson rd. some big enough for eight to ten campers. But my suggestion is Sulac camping area on south branch road. It has plenty of camp sites (free i think) and theirs a boat luanch on th PM there, some state land there for hunting but 10 minutes from hundreds of acres in all directions.

Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:54 am
Outdoor Addict!

What Rivers do you fish?: NW rivers. Guess you say that I live on one of them from spring to fall. Fish two or three other NW rivers.
Tri-City Area...Tittabawasee River, Saginaw River
What Bodies of Water do you fish?: Saginaw Bay, Wixom Lake, Secord Lake, and a few other smaller lakes
Hunting Area: Looking for a new Bow/Gun hunting spot close to home
Ralph, MI---For gun season--about 10days
I beleive for Sulak, you still have to register or reserve a camping spot. Last year when I would either take out or put in there, I always seen som sort of paper hanging on trees. Also, they got rid of alot of campsites there. There ussed to be some campsites on the north side of the dirt road, but there isn't any anymore. They are all on the south side, and there not very big, and they are spread out. I think the biggest one that I seen had 3 (small) tents and a truck camper parked by the road.

The good thing about that is you have 3 launch spots within minutes. Then you have more upstream within a 10-30 minute drive.

Or we have my cabin (located on wolf lake) Which is located between the PM, LM, and BM. Less then 10minutes to the LM, about 30 minutes to the BM and around 20minutes to the PM. All depending on which way you take, how fast you drive, and if the deer are on the move.

:)

Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:06 am
Profile YIM
Outdoor Addict!

By the PM? That's great, we can chase after some nice trout...and Hamlin Lake itself isn't too far away.

Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:09 pm
Outdoor Addict!

What Rivers do you fish?: NW rivers. Guess you say that I live on one of them from spring to fall. Fish two or three other NW rivers.
Tri-City Area...Tittabawasee River, Saginaw River
What Bodies of Water do you fish?: Saginaw Bay, Wixom Lake, Secord Lake, and a few other smaller lakes
Hunting Area: Looking for a new Bow/Gun hunting spot close to home
Ralph, MI---For gun season--about 10days
IF this does take off, and there is a decentt turn out. Who all will be there with a drift boat? If I can do it, I know that I will have my drift boat, plus I have my pontoon boat. I can two or three others, not counting myself. So far I have had only three people total in my boat, so not sure how it rides with another in the back. Plus the person in the back will be limited on leg space.

Also, are we trying to put this around the salmon run? If so, and people want to target some trout, I would suggest before Sept 30.

Oh, and there is the betsie river, which is about a 45min to a hour drive, then the pine which is about 20- 30 min. Never fished there before so don't ask me where you can walk in at...lol

:)

Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:25 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next