View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 pheasant outing 
Outdoor Addict!

im game to put together a hunt on state land ...in the upper thumb and yes there are birds ...some marsh land that used to be wet is all dry now and gets no presure........if any ones interested let me know...tuscola huron and sanilac all seem to have a decent crop this year....areas we hunt would be decided by the size of the group though lol

Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:34 pm
Profile YIM
Site Owner/Admin

Referred by: I own this website!
What Rivers do you fish?: All Michigan Rivers.
What Bodies of Water do you fish?: Lake St. Clair - Stoney Creek - Lake Huron
Hunting Area: Gwinn, Michigan, St. Clair County, MI
I'm interested... I suggest meeting at a resturant or something and not posting directions online though. Only registered users can view our forums but just to be safe I wouldn't wanna ruin a hunting spot.

Keep me updated!

Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:23 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Outdoor Addict!

thats a great idea don.....hunting has changed a lot ive raised and released hundreds of birds.....and there are very few true ring necks around......crossed birds tend to run ....i see it all the time while bow hunting people maken a hell of a racket simply scare birds into the next county........ive seen birds duck into the woods just from car doors slamming...i go as far as to tape my dogs tags up........

if we get enough people we can set it up almost like a deer drive....im more then happy to share my spots.....

and i can probably host the meating at a freinds pole barn....we can have a good breakfast then go out....then god willing by that time maybe grill some venison for lunch lol

Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:51 pm
Profile YIM
Site Owner/Admin

Referred by: I own this website!
What Rivers do you fish?: All Michigan Rivers.
What Bodies of Water do you fish?: Lake St. Clair - Stoney Creek - Lake Huron
Hunting Area: Gwinn, Michigan, St. Clair County, MI
Cool keep me posted! If no one else is interested we can still see what we can kick up!

Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:35 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Outdoor Addict!

yep if its just us thats fine too....wife might go too if shes not worken....hopefully i get laid off soon lol ......we are spraying fish point for fragmites right now.....spent a day and halftrying to get a tractor out of what used to be a flooding lol.........now its 25 gals of spray at a time with a 4 wheeler and im sure you have an idea what fish point is like lol.....idoling around on an 85 degree day in 8 ft weeds lol.....saw 15 roosters the past two days but all in the draw area......saw 8 hens in the regular state game area lol :roll: ........the closer to opening day we do it the better........if it does end up just us we can probably hunt some private ground

Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:31 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]