View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Steady steelheadin' 
Outdoor Addict!

What Rivers do you fish?: NE/NW Michigan streams
What Bodies of Water do you fish?: Lake Huron-Tawas/Hammond bay(s), Lake Michigan-Little Traverse bay
Fishing was fairly consistent the last couple weeks, but we could use some new fish. The rivers are LOW, and crystal clear. Some fish are spawning, others are done, and a few haven't started. Seems like the cold nights lately have slowed down the spawners some, and put a few on the bite(mostly loose hens). I've been doing the best on various egg flies, small and pale doing the most damage; with a couple fish coming on woolybuggers and muddlers. They planted the smolts about a week ago, and they are still around, along with a few more suckers. A good rain would be excellent right about now!

Buck that blasted a hot n tot

Hen that took a beadhead bugger

Egg bite

Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:58 pm
Outdoor Maniac

What Rivers do you fish?: All the east side rivers, and a couple on the west side
What Bodies of Water do you fish?: All the great lakes...
Hunting Area: Gladwin, Arenac, Bay, Iosco
Great Job Jon nice pics too, the fish over here are few and far in between..So i'm switching gears for stream trout.. :) If ya get over here we'll have to get together and go hit that brookie stream..

Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:25 am

Nice job John. Haven't been out much, so it's nice to see pictures of someone getting 'em!

Mike

Sun May 02, 2010 8:06 am
Outdoor Addict!

What Rivers do you fish?: NE/NW Michigan streams
What Bodies of Water do you fish?: Lake Huron-Tawas/Hammond bay(s), Lake Michigan-Little Traverse bay
Wow, have things dropped off! I got 3 fish the whole time since my last report, two being nearly spent, rough looking hens. We got almost a 1/2" of rain last night/this morning, so we'll see what that does. If nothing shows up, I have to say steelhead 09/10 is officially DONE. It's not that there isn't fish around, but biters and freshness have really fallen off, with most remaining fish spawners it seems. This is gonna make for a long month and a half till skams start showing up.....

Wed May 05, 2010 11:07 am
Outdoor Addict!

Its done in TC. There are a few rough fish around but thats it. Time to start fishing for other fish :( until the kings show up

Youtube Videos
http://www.youtube.com/stelmon21

Fri May 07, 2010 1:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]