View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Oregon, OH Fishing Report 8/11 
Outdoor Addict!

What Rivers do you fish?: SE Rivers
What Bodies of Water do you fish?: Ohio and Michigan coasts of Lake Erie, Maumee River in Ohio, Turtle Creek in Ohio, Raisin River in Michigan
Yesterday morning I went fishing at Maumee Bay State Park-a hair east of Oregon, OH, and a few miles east of Toledo.
Not much to really report-honestly. I got there and got lines in the water around 7:15AM. I went with nightcrawlers-one off the bottom on my heavy action rod and another about 12" under a bobber.
After several casts all around the pier with both of those poles, at 8:30AM I brought those two poles in and I decided to go with a crawler on the bottom on my medium action pole and a waxworm along the sides of the pier. I did manage to get a couple light taps on the waxworm but nothing to really write home about.
I only saw two fish get caught there yesterday, and neither fish was on my poles. A couple guys were fishing near the shoreline on the pier and one caught a very, VERY nice largemouth bass along the side of the pier about 7:45AM. He caught it on a plastic crayfish lure. The unofficial measure (using his hands) he figured the largemouth was 15-16" and I can't argue that. He did use his electronic scale and it came out to about 2.5 pounds.
Around 11AM I tried a couple different Mepps rooster tails with no hits, taps, nicks, licks, or looks from any fish. One was a yellow and one was a white.
I decided to pack it up and call it a day around noon with nothing to show for it but some effort to try and not get skunked but I did get skunked. The second fish I saw get caught was right before I started packing up-a small bluegill a guy caught using a minnow under a bobber near the edge of the pier. Other then that nobody else was having much luck so I felt a little less sorry for myself LOL

Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:21 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]