View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Luna Pier, MI Fishing Report 5/21 
Outdoor Addict!

What Rivers do you fish?: SE Rivers
What Bodies of Water do you fish?: Ohio and Michigan coasts of Lake Erie, Maumee River in Ohio, Turtle Creek in Ohio, Raisin River in Michigan
Well, I finally got what I've been waiting over a year to do-overnight fishing.
I showed up on the pier in Luna Pier, MI at about 12:15AM this morning, or late last night depending on how you look at it, and for the first hour I got my butt whipped. I started off with my medium and heavy action poles both rigged with nightcrawlers. I had my heavy action pole cast out first and before I could get my medium action pole in the water I had caught my first fish-a 20" channel cat. That was at about 12:30AM. By 1:15AM I had caught my second fish after a series of bites. It was a 23" channel cat. Between the two of those catfish I'd say they weighed about 15 lbs combined.
About 2AM I caught a decent 6" white bass. At about 2:20AM I caught a 11" yellow bullhead.
The only fish that got released was the bullhead. The channel cats and bullhead were caught on the heavy action, the white bass on the medium action. I did have half a thought of bringing out a third pole with me to fish off the bottom but I decided against it. I decided to call it a day about 3:15AM.

Tue May 21, 2013 5:25 am
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]