View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Monroe, MI Fishing Report 10/1 
Outdoor Addict!

What Rivers do you fish?: SE Rivers
What Bodies of Water do you fish?: Ohio and Michigan coasts of Lake Erie, Maumee River in Ohio, Turtle Creek in Ohio, Raisin River in Michigan
Well, this is going to be relatively short and sweet. I got to Sterling State Park in Monroe, MI, about 8:15AM and threw everything out there except the kitchen sink. I tried minnows under a bobber, I tried minnows cast out anywhere from 20-40 yards out, I tried waxworms straight down, I even tried a grasshopper straight down. The bites were few and far between. In fact, I only got a couple light taps. I ended up calling it a day about 3PM.
I'm just really frustrated with the place because of the work they're doing in the lagoons. One guy told me that the state felt the one section of the lagoon was too deep and wanted to make a marsh along the northwest and west side of the lagoon. They also plan on creating a bird habitat there, which is funny because they all ready have plenty of bird habitat in the park. From a fishing standpoint, its frustrating. The fishing isn't as good and it should be there, especially this time of year. I think I've fished there the last time this year, and I think its going to be a couple years before things get to be where they were.

Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:49 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]