View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Monroe, MI Fishing Report 8/15 
Outdoor Addict!

What Rivers do you fish?: SE Rivers
What Bodies of Water do you fish?: Ohio and Michigan coasts of Lake Erie, Maumee River in Ohio, Turtle Creek in Ohio, Raisin River in Michigan
I went to Sterling State Park in Monroe, MI this evening. Honestly, not a lot to report really. I got there about 5:45PM and on the way to the park I was starting to wonder how much fishing I was going to get in because about halfway there it started to rain. Luckily for me it was a passing shower and eventually cleared up quite nicely by the end of the evening.
The biting was fairly quiet. I started off with nightcrawlers cast off the bottom out a ways on two different poles and another about a foot below a bobber. Besides the occasional nip or two with the crawler under the bobber, nothing to write home about. About 7PM I switched my bobber set up with my ultra light pole with waxworms going along the sides of the pier. A few minutes later I finally caught my first fish, a bluegill about half the size of my hand. I let it go and for the next hour all I got was a couple light hits on waxworms.
About 8PM or so I caught a dink of a bluegill that I was halfway tempted to try out on my heavy action pole to see if I could get a hold of a longnose gar or catfish but decided to throw it back and let it live for a bit. It was only the size of my thumb.
About 8:20PM I caught my third and final fish, another bluegill but a nice one about the size of my hand. Unfortunately darkness was looming I ended up calling it a day about 9PM when I started not being able to see my hand in front of my face.

Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:36 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]